BDS, MDS (Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics)
Dr.Amrita Chawla is presently working as Assistant Professor in the Division of Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics, Centre for Dental Education and Research. Her main clinical thrust areas are advancement in the field of esthetic dentistry, exploring the immense scope of finding simple and cost effective methods for management of discoloured and fractured teeth and also those with developmental disturbances, prevention of dental caries, gingival disease and traumatic dental injuries in adolescents and adults and to study the predisposing etiological factors for unusual attrition of teeth.
Her main research interests are development of indigenous intracanal drug delivery system, study the structural changes in dentin following carious process, endodontic therapy and radiation therapy, development of novel material for restoration of teeth, evaluation of two regenerative protocols (GTR and Platelet Rich Fibrin) for the management of endo-perio lesions, retreatment of failed root canal cases and spreading the use of a multipurpose drape (patented) for the protection of patients and ease of the doctor during dental procedures.
Important publications with impact:
- Chawla A, Sujlana A, Chawla HS. Endodontic management of maxillary canine with two root canals. Indian Journal of Dentistry.2014 Aug; 5(S):112-115.
- Chawla A, Sujlana A, Chawla HS. Re-treating a maxillary second molar with 6 root canals assisted by cone beam computed tomography. Gen Dent. 2015 Mar-Apr; 63(2):e14-6.
- Logani A, Singh A, Chawla A, Kumar V, Shah N. Contrary electrode positions and its effect on the accuracy of apex locator. Journal of Dental Specialities.2015; 3 (1): 40-42
- Chawla A, Logani A, Shah N. Analysis of Factors Associated With Failure of Primary Endodontic Treatment. Int Dent J. 2015 Feb; 65(S1): 217.
- Kumar V, Logani A, Shah N. Dentine sialoprotein expression in gingival crevicular fluid during trauma‐induced root resorption. Int. Endod J.2013; 46 (4), 371-378.
- Shah N, Logani A, Kumar V. A minimally invasive surgical approach for large cyst-like periapical lesions: a case series. Gen Dent. 2013; 62 (1): e1-5.
- Kumar V, Chawla A, Logani A, Shah N. Mineral trioxide aggregate pulpotomy: An ideal treatment option for management of talon cusp. ContempClin Dent. 2012; 3(4):491-3.
- Kumar V, Chawla A, Logani A, Shah N. MTA pulpotomy: An Ideal treatment option for management of Talon cusp – A case report. ContempClin Dent. 2012; 3(4):491-3.
- Chawla A, Kapur R, Singh R. Assessment of apical seal obtained by three Obturating Techniques using dye penetration method and Macro lens Photography—an in-vitro study. Endodontology. 2012; 24: 30-35.
10. Singh R, Damle SG and A Chawla. Salivary mutans streptococci and lactobacilli modulations in young children on consumption of probiotic ice-cream containing Bifidobacteriumlactis. ActaOdontol Scand. 2011; 69(6):389-94.