Dr.Dalim Kumar Baidya
MBBS, MD (Anesthesiology)
Dr. Dalim Kumar Baidya is presently working as Assistant Professor in the Department of Anesthesiology, Pain Medicine and Critical Care. His main clinical thrust area is Critical Care Medicine.
Hismain research interests areCritical Care Medicine, Perioperative outcome based research
Important publications with impact:
- Darlong V, Biyani G, Baidya DK, Pandey R, Chandralekha, Punj J, Upadhyay AD. Comparison of air-Q and Ambu Aura-i for controlled ventilation in infants: randomized controlled trial. Paediatr Anaesth. 2015 Aug; 25(8):795-800.
- Baidya DK, Chandralekha, Darlong V, Pandey R, Goswami D, Maitra S. Comparative sonoanatomy of classic short-axis probe position with a novel medial oblique probe position for ultrasound guided internal jugular vein cannulation: A cross-over study. J Emeg Med 2015 Jan 24 pii: S0736-4679(14)01012-9. doi: 10.1016/j.jemermed.2014.07.062. [Epub ahead of print]
- Kundu R, Baidya DK, Arora MK, Maitra S, Darlong V, Goswami D, Mohanaselvi S, Bajpai M. Caudal bupivacaine and morphine provides effective postoperative analgesia but does not prevent hemodynamic response to pneumoperitonium for major laparoscopic surgeries in children. J Anesth 2015, Feb 17. [Epub ahead of print] PMID 25686563
- Maitra S, Khanna P, Baidya DK, Pawar DK, Bajpai M, Panda SS. Pediatric retroperitoneoscopic nephrectomy: an initial experience of 15 cases. J AnaesthesiolClinPharmacol 2015; 31:115-8. PMID 25788787
- Panda SS, Bajpai M, Sharma N, Verma A, Singh A, Baidya DK. Early experience of retroperitoneoscopic surgery in paediatric population. J of Progress in Paediatric Urology 2013; 16(2): 38-41.
- 6. Tackchandani N, Bajpai M, Baidya DK. Effect of laparoscopic approach for appendicectomy and orchidopexy across the pediatric age and size spectrum. Open J of Pediatrics 2014; 4:247-51.
- 7. Panda SS, Bajpai M, Singh A, Baidya DK, Jana M. Foreign body in the bronchus in children: 22 year experience in a tertiary care paediatric centre. Afr J PaediatrSurg 2014; 11(3):252-55.
- 8. Panda SS, Bajpai M, Singh A, Jana M, Baidya DK. Effect of surgical techniques on long-term outcome in congenital pouch colon: a tertiary care centre experience. Afr J PaediatrSurg 2014; 11(3):28-51.
- 9. Darlong V, Khanna P, Baidya DK©, Chandralekha, Pandey R, Punj J, Kumar R, Sikka K. Perioperative complications of cochlear implant surgery in children. J of Anesth 2015; 29(1):126-30.
10. Darlong V, Biyani G, Pandey R, Baidya DK©, Chandralekha, Punj J. Comparison of performance and efficacy of air-Q intubating laryngeal airway and flexible laryngeal mask airway in anesthetized and paralysed infants and children. Pediatr Anaesth 2014; 24(10):1066-71.
11. Verma A, Bajpai M©, Baidya DK. Lumbotomy approach for upper urinary tract surgeries in adolescents: Feasibility and challenges. J Pediatr Urol 2014 Jun 2. pii: S1477-5131(14)00147-8.
12. Panda SS, Bajpai M©, Jana M, Baidya DK, Kumar R. Anderson-Hynes pyeloplasty with isthmotomy and lateropexy in horseshoe kidneys with pelviureteric junction obstruction in children. Indian J of Urology 2014; 30(2):20-22.
13. Chhabra A© , Arora MK, Baidya DK, Talwar P, Singh PM, Jayswal A. Perioperative concerns in pediatric patients undergoing different types of scoliosis correction surgery: A retrospective observational study. J of Anaesthesiology & Clinical Pharmacology 2013; 29:323-7.
14. Singh A, Panda SS, Bajpai M©, Jana M, Baidya DK. Our experience, technique and long-term outcomes in the management of posterior urethral strictures. J PediatrUrol 2014; 10:40-4.
15. Baidya DK©, Pawar DK, Dehran M, Gupta AK. Advancement of epidural catheter from lumber to thoracic space in children: comparison between 18G and 23G catheter. J AnaesthClinPharmacol 2012; 28:21-7.
Meta-analysis / Systematic Review:
- Maitra S, Baidya DK, Bhattacharjee S, Khanna P. Evaluation of i-gel-airway in children: a meta-analysis. Pediatr Anesth 2014; 24(10):1072-9.
- Maitra S, Bhattacharjee S, Khanna P, Baidya DK©. High frequency ventilation does not provide mortality benefit in comparison with conventional lung protective ventilation in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Patients: A Meta-analysis of the randomized controlled trials. Anesthesiology 2015; 122:841-51.
- Baidya DK, Chandralekha, Darlong V, Pandey R, Maitra S©, Khanna P. Comparative efficacy and safety of the Ambu AuraOnce laryngeal mask airway during general anaesthesia in adults: a systematic review and meta analysis. Anaesthesia 2014; 69(9):1023-32.
- Layek A, Maitra S, Pal S, Bhattacharjee S©, Baidya DK. Efficacy of vasopressin during cardiopulmonary resuscitation in adult patients: A meta-analysis. Resuscitation 2014; 85(7):855-63.
- Baidya DK, Khanna P, Maitra S©. Analgesic efficacy and safety of thoracic paravertebral and epidural analgesia for thoracic surgery: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Interactive Cardiovascular and Thoracic Surgery 2014; 18:626-35.
- Maitra S, Khanna P, Baidya DK(c). Comparison of laryngeal mask airway supreme and laryngeal mask airway proseal for controlled ventilation under general anaesthesia in adult patients: Meta-analysis. Eur J Anaesthesiol 2014; 31:266-73.
- Jebaraj B, Maitra S©, Baidya DK, Khanna P. Intravenous paracetamol reduces postoperative opioid consumption after orthopedic surgery: A systematic review of clinical trials. Pain Res Treat 2013;2013:402510.
- Subramanian R, Sardar A, Mohanaselvi S, Khanna P, Baidya DK. Neurosurgry and pregnancy. J Neuroanaesthesiology and Critical Care 1 (3):166
- Agarwal A, Jha A, Baidya DK, Trikha A. Anesthetic considerations in parturients with liver transplant. J ObstetrAnaesthCrit Care 2014; 4:4-11.
- Maitra S, Baidya DK©, Khanna P, Ray BR, Panda SS, Bajpai M. Acute perioperative pain in neonate: an evidence based review of neurophysiology and management. ActaAnaesthTaiwanica 2014; 52:30-7.
- Maitra S, Baidya DK©, Pawar DK, Arora MK, Khanna P. Epidural anesthesia and analgesia in neonate: a review of current evidences. J Anesth 2014; 28(5):768-79.
- Kumar A, Maitra S, Khanna P, Baidya DK©. Clonidine in acute and chronic pain. Saudi J of Anaesth 2014; 8:92-6.
- Biyani G, Chhabra A, Baidya DK, Anand RK. Adjuvants to local anaesthetics in regional anaesthesia – Should they be used? Part II Cons. Trends in Anaesth Crit Care 2014; Article in Press.
- Biyani G, Chhabra A, Baidya DK, Anand RK. Adjuvants to local anaesthetics in regional anaesthesia – Should they be used? Part I Pros. Trends in Anaesth Crit Care 2014;4(1):19-24.
- Maitra S, Baidya DK, Khanna P(c). Melatonin in perioperative medicine: Current perspectives. Saudi J Anesth 2013; 7:315-21.
- Ray BR, Baidya DK(c), Goswami D, Trikha A, Roychoudhury A, Bhutia O. Anaesthetic management of maxillofacial trauma. Trends in Anaesthesia and Critical Care 2013;3:231-7
10. Trikha A, Baidya DK(c), Singh PM. Complex regional pain syndrome and pregnancy. J of ObstetrAnaesthCrit Care 2012;2:69-73
11. Baidya DK(c), Maitra S, Chhabra A, Mishra R. Pregnancy and renal disease – pathophysiology and anaesthetic management. Trends in Anaesthesia and Critical Care 2012;2:281-6
12. Agarwal A, Khanna P, Baidya DK, Arora MK. Trace elements in critical illness. J EndocrinolMetab 2011;1:57-63
13. Baidya DK, Agarwal A, Khanna P, Arora MK. Pregabalin in acute and chronic pain. J AnaesthClinPharmacol 2011; 27:307-14.
14. Baidya DK©, Dehran M. Anaesthesia for cochlear implant. Trends in AnaesthCrit Care 2011; 1:90-4.
- Devi SK, Sunkesula G, Bhattacharjee S, Baidya DK, Maitra S. Bilateral pheochromocytoma: Two tumors may not be same. Anesth Essays Res. 2015 Sep-Dec; 9(3):451-2.
- Maitra S, Bhattacharjee S, Khanna P, Baidya DK. In reply: High frequency ventilation does not provide mortality benefit in comparison with conventional lung protective ventilation in Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome Patients: A Meta-analysis of the randomized controlled trials. Anesthesiology. 2016 Jan;124(1):247-8.
- Kumar KR, Kumar H, Baidya DK, Arora MK. Successful use of spinal anesthesia for inguinal hernia repair in a child with Hunter syndrome with difficult airway. J ClinAnesth. 2015 Oct 23. pii: S0952-8180(15)00274-3.
- Bhoi D, Pushparajan HK, Talawar P, Kumar A, Baidya DK. Serratus anterior plane block for breast surgery in a morbidly obese patient. J ClinAnesth. 2015 Oct 22. pii: S0952-8180(15)00299-8.
- Baidya DK, Maitra S, Arora MK, Agarwal A. Quadratuslumborum block: an effective method of perioperative analgesia in children undergoing pyeloplasty. J ClinAnesth. 2015 Dec; 27(8):694-6.
- Sardar A, Bhoi D, Baidya DK, Singh CA. Fibreoptic intubation with intraoral digital manipulation may be superior to CMAC videolaryngoscope in minimizing intubation response in cervical paraganglioma of the parapharyngeal area. PaediatrAnaesth. 2015 Aug; 25(8):863-4.
- Patnaik R, Baidya DK, MaitraS.Unanticipated difficult intubation in a patient with juvenile Paget Disease. J ClinAnesth. 2015 Aug; 27(5):427-8.
- Aravindan A, Subramaniam R, Baidya DK. Reliability and interpretation of pulmonary function tests when morbid obesity combines with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and neuromuscular weakness. J ClinAnesth 2015 Mar 23. pii: S0952-8180(15)00071-9.
- Aftab S, Baidya DK, Maitra S. New onset frequent ventricular ectopic in a human immunodeficiency virus infected woman after uneventful caesarean section under spinal anesthesia. J ClinAnesthesia 2015 Feb 17. pii: S0952-8180(15)00025-2.
10. Kumar M, Baidya DK, Mohan VK, Mamta. Safe anesthesia management protocol of a child with congenital long QT syndrome and deafness (Jervell and Lange-Nielsen syndrome) for cochlear implant surgery. Saudi J Anaesth 2015; 9:98-9.
11. Maitra S, Baidya DK, Bhattacharjee S. Near fatal bradycardia during cesarean section under spinal anaesthesia: High spinal may not be the only risk factor. Saudi J Anaesth 2014; 8(Suppl1):S1 18-9.
12. Darlong V, Biyani G, Baidya DK, Pandey R, Punj J. Air-Q blocker: A novel supraglottic airway device for patients with difficult airway and risk of aspiration. J AnaesthesiolClinPharmacol 2014; 30(4):589-90.
13. Maitra S, Krishnan G, Baidya DK, Chumber S. Is computed tomography scan the ultimate modality for airway evaluation? J AnaesthesiolClinPharmacol 2014; 30(4):586-7.
14. Rajagopalan R, Selvam V, Baidya DK, Roychoudhury A. Novel use of foley catheter to reduce leak around endotracheal tube in a child with temporo-mandibular joint ankylosis. PediatrAnesth 2014; 24:1306-7.
15. Baidya DK, Pawar DK, Maitra S©, Bajpai M, Panda SS. Novel maneuver for endobronchialfogartyembolectomy catheter placement for lung isolation in infants: An experience of four cases. Eur J PediatrSurg 2014; Article in Press.
16. Rangasamy V, Kumar K, Rai A, Baidya DK©. Sevoflurane and thoracic epidural anaesthesia for transsternalthymectomy in a child with juvenile myasthenia gravis. J AnaesthClinPharmacol 2014; 30:268-70.
17. Maitra S©, Baidya DK, Khanna P. Re: Epidural analgesia vs paravertebral analgesia technique. InteractCardiovascThoracSurg 2014; 18:636.
18. Bhoi D, Raghavan S, Dehran M, Baidya DK(c). Cobra PLA guided tracheal intubation for airway rescue in a child with large orofacialarteriovenous malformation. ActaAnaesthesiologicaTaiwanica 2013; 51(2):99-100.
19. Sen S, Chhabra A, Ganguly A, Baidya DK(c). Esophageal polyp as a posterior mediastinal mass: intraoperative dynamic airway obstruction requiring emergency tracheostomy. J AnaesthClinPharmacol 2014; 30:97-100.
20. Ray BR, Anand RK, Khanna P, Baidya DK(c). Dental guard: An alternative solution for loose tooth. J AnaesthClinPharmacol 2013; 29:424-5.
21. Bhoi D, EJ Sreekumar, Anand RK, Baidya DK, Chhabra A(c). Anaesthesia management of caesarean section in a patient with severe factor XI deficiency. J ObstetrAnaesthCrit Care 2013;3:37-9
22. Khanna P, Baidya DK(c), Tomar V, Agarwal A. Successful use of air Q intubating laryngeal airway after failed rapid sequence intubation in a child with Rubeinstein-Taybi syndrome. Ind J Anaesth 2013; 57:203-4.
23. Khanna P(c), Baidya DK, Garg R, Shende D. A patient of Terson’s syndrome for ocular surgery: Perianesthetic concerns. Saudi J Anaesth 2013; 7:93-5.
24. Ray BR, Baidya DK(c). Optimal length of central venous catheter insertion in infants. Ind J Anaesth 2013; 57:100-1.
25. Baidya DK(c), Ray BR, Singh PM. Labour analgesia and anaesthetic management of a primigravida with uncorrected pentalogy of fallot: few concerns. Ind J Anaesth 2013; 57:102-3.
26. PM Singh(c), Baidya DK, Govindarajan S, Trikha A. Ocular surgery in a child with Coffin-Lowry syndrome: Anaesthetic concerns. J of Anesthesiology& Clinical Pharmacology 2013; 29:114-6.
27. Selvaraj BJ, Baidya DK, Khanna P. A patient of bad obstetric history with ebsteins anomaly: Perianaesthetic concerns. Anesthesia: Essays and Researches 2013; 7: 288-9.
28. Ray BR, Singhal D, Kumar A, Borle A, Baidya DK (c). Anaesthesia for caesarean section in a parturient with acute varicella: is general anaesthesia better than neuraxial anaesthesia. J of ObstetrAnaesthCrit Care 2012; 2:105-8.
29. Ray BR, Baidya DK(c), Gregory DM, Sunder R. Intraoperative neurological event during cesarean section under spinal anaesthesia with fentanyl and bupivacaine:case report and review of literature. J of Anesthesiology& Clinical Pharmacology 2012; 28:374-7.
30. Baidya DK(c), Dhir R, Dehran M, Mahapatra BP. Central neuraxial anaesthesia for cesarean section for parturients with uncorrected tetralogy of fallot: two cases. J of ObstetrAnaesthCrit Care 2012;2:47-9
31. Baidya DK, Khanna P, Kumar A, Shende D. Successful anesthetic management of a child with blepharophimosis syndrome and atrial septal defect for reconstructive ocular surgery. J AnesthClinPharmacol 2011; 27:550-2.
32. Baidya DK, Chhara A, Raj R. Anesthetic management of a patient with Kimura’s disease with superficial parotidectomy. J Anaesth Clin Pharmacol 2011; 27:383-5.
33. Baidya DK, Trikha A, Menon S, Garg R. Anaesthetic management of emergency caesarean section in a patient with seizures and likely raised intracranial pressure due to tubercular meningitis. Anaesth Intensive Care 2011; 39:951-3.
34. Baidya DK, Bhoi D, Sinha R, Anand RK. Partial facial nerve paralysis after laparoscopic surgery under general anaesthesia. Ind J Anaesth 2011; 55:416-8.
35. Baidya DK, Sherfudeen KM, Chaturvedi A. Intraoperative propofol-induced desaturation in lateral position during posterior fossa surgery. J Anaesth Clin Pharmacol 2011; 27:288-9.
36. Baidya DK, Chhabra A. Post-operative cyanotic breath holding spells in a child with Worster-Draught syndrome. J Anesth 2010; 24:982-3.
37. Sinha R, Baidya DK. Nitrous oxide cylinder: potential hazards. J Anaesthesiol Clin Pharamcol 2009;25:102-3
- Arora MK, Baidya DK. Critical Care Mannual of clinical procedures and competencies. Ind J of Medical Research 2015; 141: 498-9.
- Arora MK, Baidya D. WHO guidelines on pharmacological treatment of persisting pain in children with medical illness. Ind J of Medical Research 2013;138(4):570
- Arora MK, Baidya DK. ICU Mannual. Nat Med J of Ind 2013; 26(2):112
Chapter in Book:
- Arora MK, Baidya DK. Regional Anaesthesia in Paediatrics: pages 92-108. In: Essentials of Paediatric Anaesthesia and Intensive Care, First edition. Edited by Sharmila Ahuja, Abhijit Bhattyacharya, 10/2016: CBS Publishers.
- Arora MK, Baidya DK. Central venous catheter management guidelines: pages 76-78. In: Practice Guidelines in Anesthesia by Indian Society of Anesthesiologists, First Edition. Edited by S K Malhotra, 01/2016, Jaypee Brothers.
- Baidya DK, Maitra S. Preanesthetic evaluation. In: Anesthesia for Postgraduates, 4th Edition. Edited by Sampa Dutta Gupta. Ja