BDS, MDS (Oral Pathology and Microbiology)
Dr.Deepika Mishra is presently working as Assistant Professor in the Division ofOral Pathology and Microbiology, Centre for Dental Education and Research. Her main clinical thrust areas are Diagnostic modalities of oral potentially malignant lesions and malignant lesions and Prognostic markers of oral potentially malignant and malignant lesions.
Her main research interests are Etiopathogenesis of Oral potentially malignant disorders and Genetics of Oral diseases
Important publications with impact:
1. Shukla D, Kale AD, Hallikerimath S, Vivekanandhan and Kanthaiah YV. Can quantifying free circulating DNA be a diagnostic and prognostic marker in oral epithelial dysplasia and oral squamous cell carcinoma? Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2013; 71(2):414-8.
2. Kale AD, Mane DR, Shukla D. Expression of transforming growth factor and its correlation with lipodystrophy in oral submucous fibrosis: An immunohistochemical study. Med Oral Patol Oral Cir Bucal 2013; 18(1):e12-8.
3. Shukla D, Kale AD, Hallikerimath S, Vivekanandhan, Kanthaiah YV and Mishra S. Association between GSTM1 AND CYP1A1 polymorphisms and survival among oral cancer patients. Biomed Pap Med FacUnivPalacky Olomouc Czech Repub 2013; 157(4):304-10.
4. Shukla D, Kale AD, Hallikerimath S, Vivekanandhan and Kanthaiah YV. Genetic polymorphism of drug metabolizing enzymes (GSTM1 and CYP1A1) as risk factors for oral premalignant lesions and oral cancer. Biomed Pap Med FacUnivPalacky Olomouc Czech Repub. 201256.
5. Thapar R, Choudhry S, Sinha A, Bali R and Shukla D. Pink Tooth Phenomenon: An Enigma? Journal of Forensic and Legal Medicine 2013; 20(7):912–914.
6. Shukla D, Bablani D, Chowdhry A, Thapar R, Gupta P and Mishra S. Dentofacial and cranial changes in downs syndrome. Osong Public Health Res Perspect 2014 5(6), 339-344.
7. Sreedhar G, Sumalatha MN and Shukla D. An overview of the risk factors associated with multiple oral premalignant lesions with a case report of extensive field cancerization in a female patient. Biomed Pap Med FacUnivPalacky Olomouc Czech Repub 2013; 158.
8. Chowdhry A, Deshmukh RS, Shukla D, Bablani D and Mishra S. Quantitative Estimation of Argyrophilicnucleolar organizer regions in Normal, Dysplastic and Malignant Oral Mucosa. Biomed Pap Med FacUnivPalacky Olomouc Czech Repub 2013, 157:5-13.