BDS, MDS (Public Health Dentistry)
Dr.Harsh Priyais presently working as Assistant Professor in the Division ofPublic Health Dentistry, Centre for Dental Education and Research. Her main clinical thrust areas are Dental health of preschool children, pregnant and nursing mothers and geriatric population.
Her main research interests are children’s oral health, trends in preventive dentistry, health literacy, dental health satisfaction and oral health related quality of life.
Important publications with impact:
1. Harsh Priya ,ShashdharAcharya, MeghashyamBhat, BharathiPurohit, Manoj Kumar. Oral Health Status and Treatment Need among the Preschool Children Attending AnganwadiCenters - Oral Health and Preventive Dentistry. 2012; 10 (4): 355-363.
2. Harsh Priya, ArunimaChauhan, Manoj Kumar .Oral Health Quality-of-Life among Undergraduate Malaysian Dental Students. Med J Malaysia. 2012; 67 (3) :298-301.
3. Harsh Priya, ShashidharAcharya, MeghashyamBhat, MamthaBallal. Microbial contamination of the white coats of dental staff in the clinical setting. Journal of Dental Research, Dental Clinics, Dental Prospects. 2009; 3(4): 136-140.
4. Harsh Priya, , P. S. Sequeira, ShashdharAcharya, Manoj Kumar Oral health related quality of life among dental students in a private dental institution in India. Journal of International Society of Preventive and Community Dentistry July-December. 2011; 1(2):65-70.
5. Priya H, Kumar M. Rising trend of workplace oral health examination. J Occup Health. 2011; 53(5):393
6. BharathiM.Purohit,A. Singh, ShashidharAcharya, MeghashyamBhat and Harsh Priya. Assessment and validation of the oral impact on daily performance (OIDP) instrument among adults in Karnataka,South India .Community Dental Health. 2012; 29: 203–208
7. G. Rajesh, Mithun B.H. Pai, RamyaShenoy and Harsh Priya.Willingness to Participate in Disaster Management Among Indian Dental Graduates. Prehospital and Disaster Medicine. 2012; 27(5):1-6.
8. SijanPoudyal, AshwiniRao, RamyaShenoy, Harsh Priya. Utilization of dental services in a field practice area in Mangalore, Karnataka. Indian J Community Med. 2010; 35(3):424-5
9. BharathiPurohit, Harsh Priya, ShashidharAcharya, MeghashyamBhat, MamthaBallal. Efficacy of pre procedural rinsing in reducing aerosol contamination during dental procedures. Journal of Infection Prevention. 2009; 10 (6): 190- 192