BDS, MDS (Pedodontics& Preventive Dentistry)
Dr.KalpanaBansalis presently working as Assistant Professor in the Division ofPedodontics& Preventive Dentistry, Centre for Dental Education and Research. Her main clinical thrust areas are Comprehensive management of Children having early childhood caries, PediatricEndodontics, Pediatric restorative dentistry and Management of dental trauma pediatric cases.
Her main research interests are Development of oral health educational and preventive module for the pregnant mothers to prevent Childhood caries, Early childhood caries and its prevention, Microbiology of dental caries and Remineralization of early carious lesions of human enamel using novel techniques/agents.
Important publications with impact:
1. Bansal K, Goyal M, Dhingra R. Association of severe early childhood caries with iron deficiency anemia. JISPPD; 2016;34:36-42
2. Gupta A, Bansal K, MarwahaM. “Effect of high-molecular-weight component of Cranberry on plaque and salivary Streptococcus mutans counts in children- An in vivo study. JISPPD 2015; 33:128-133.
3. Balhara N, Bansal K, Marwaha M. 'Remineralizing efficacy of CalcareaFluorica tablets on the artificial carious enamel lesions using Scanning electron microscope and surface microhardness testing: in vivo study. Indian Journal of Dental Research 2015; 25:777-782.
4. Chopra R, Mittal M, Bansal K, Chaudhuri P. Use of buccal midazolam spray as an alternative to intranasal route for conscious sedation in pediatric dentistry. J ClinPed Dent 2014;38:39
5. Bansal K, Gauba K, Tewari A, Sahni AK, Chawla HS. “In vivo remineralization of artificial enamel carious lesions using a mineral enriched mouthrinse and a fluoride dentifrice- a polarized light microscopic comparative evaluation.Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry ;2010;28(4):264-270
6. Gupta K, Tiwari A, Sahni A, Chawla HS, Gauba K. “Remineralizing efficacy of mineral enriched mouth rinse and fluoridated dentifrice on artificial carious lesions: an in vivo scanning electron microscopic study.” Journal of Indian Society of Pedodontics and Preventive Dentistry 1998; 16(3): 67-71.
7. Goyal M, Chopra R, Bansal K, Marwaha M. Role of obturators and other feeding interventions in patients with cleft lip and palate: a review. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2014; 15(1):1-9.