BDS, MDS (Prosthodontics)
Dr.Veena Jainis Professor and Head in the Division of Prosthodontics, Centre for Dental Education and Research. Her main clinical thrust areas are Full Mouth Rehabilitation, Rehabilitation of geriatric patients, Maxillofacial Prosthesis and Implant Supported or retained prosthesis.
Her main research interests are Geriatric dentistry, Bite force and Implant prosthesis
Important publications with impact:
1. Pillai RS, Mathur VP, Jain V, Shah N, Kalra S, Kumar P, et al. Association between dental prosthesis need, nutritional status and quality of life of elderly subjects. Qual Life Res. 2015 Dec; 24(12):2863–71.
2. Jhanjee S, Jain R, Jain V, Gupta T, Mittal S, Goelz P, Schnoll RA. Evaluating the Effects of Varenicline on Craving, Withdrawal, and Affect in a Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Clinical Trial of Varenicline for Smokeless Tobacco Dependence in India. J Psychoactive Drugs. 2015 Sep-Oct; 47(4):325-30.
3. Wadhwa B, Jain V, Bhutia O, Bhalla AS, Pruthi G. Flapless versus open flap techniques of implant placement: A 15-month follow-up study. Indian J Dent Res. 2015 Aug; 26(4):372–7.
4. Mundhe K, Jain V, Pruthi G, Shah N. Clinical study to evaluate the wear of natural enamel antagonist to zirconia and metal ceramic crowns. J Prosthet Dent. 2015 Sep; 114(3):358–63.
5. Kumar G, Jain V, Pandey RK, Gadwal M. Effect of different design preparations on the flexural and fracture strength of fiber-reinforced composite fixed partial dentures: an in vitro study. J Prosthodont. 2015 Jan; 24(1):57–63.
6. Jain V, Das TK, Pruthi G, Shah N , Suresh R. Comparative Evaluation of Effects of Bleaching On Color Stability and Marginal Adaptation of Discolored Direct and Indirect Composite Laminate Veneers under In Vivo Conditions. J Indian ProsthodontSoc 2015; 15:46-52.
7. Pruthi G, Jain V, Rajendiran S, Jha R. Prosthetic rehabilitation after orbital exenteration: a case series. Indian J Ophthalmol. 2014 May;62(5):629–32.
8. Meena A, Jain V, Singh N, Arora N, Jha R. Effect of implant-supported prosthesis on the bite force and masticatory efficiency in subjects with shortened dental arches. J Oral Rehabil. 2014 Feb; 41(2):87–92.
9. Jain V, Mathur VP, Pillai RS, Kalra S. A preliminary study to find out maximum occlusal bite force in Indian individuals. Indian J Dent Res 2014; 25(3):325–30.
10. Jain R, Jhanjee S, Jain V, Gupta T, Mittal S, Goelz P, et al. A double-blind placebo-controlled randomized trial of varenicline for smokeless tobacco dependence in India. Nicotine Tob Res 2014 Jan; 16(1):50–7.
11. Mathur VP, Jain V, Pillai RS, Kalra S. Translation and validation of Hindi version of Geriatric Oral Health Assessment Index. Gerodontology. 2013 Dec 11.
12. Kumar P, Jain V, Thakar A, Aggarwal V. Effect of varying bulb height on articulation and nasalance in maxillectomy patients with hollow bulb obturator. J Prosthodont Res. 2013 Jul; 57(3):200–5.
13. Jha R, Jain V, Das TK, Shah N, Pruthi G. Comparison of marginal fidelity and surface roughness of porcelain veneers fabricated by refractory die and pressing techniques. J Prosthodont. 2013 Aug; 22(6):439–44.
14. Jain V, Mathur VP, Kumar A. A preliminary study to find a possible association between occlusal wear and maximum bite force in humans. ActaOdontol Scand. 2013 Jan; 71(1):96–101.
15. Thakur M, Jain V, Parkash H, Kumar P. A comparative evaluation of static and functional methods for recording centric relation and condylar guidance: a clinical study. J Indian Prosthodont Soc. 2012 Sep; 12(3):175–81.
16. Shreshta P, Jain V, Bhalla A, Pruthi G. A comparative study to measure the condylar guidance by the radiographic and clinical methods. J AdvProsthodont. 2012 Aug; 4(3):153–7.
17. Nanda A, Jain V. Simplistic partially limiting surgical guide for flapless implant placement: a case report. J Oral Implantol. 2012 Oct; 38(5):639–41.
18. Kumar P, Jain V, Thakar A. Speech rehabilitation of maxillectomy patients with hollow bulb obturator. Indian J Palliat Care. 2012 Sep; 18(3):207–12.
19. Jain V, Mathur VP, Abhishek K, Kothari M. Effect of occlusal splint therapy on maximum bite force in individuals with moderate to severe attrition of teeth. J Prosthodont Res. 2012 Oct; 56(4):287–92.
20. Nanda A, Jain V, Srivastava A. An electromyographic study to assess the minimal time duration for using the splint to raise the vertical dimension in patients with generalized attrition of teeth. Indian J Dent Res. 2011 Apr; 22(2):303–8.
21. Nanda A, Jain V, Kumar R, Kabra K. Implant-supported auricular prosthesis. Indian J Dent Res. 2011 Feb; 22(1):152–6.
22. Pruthi G, Jain V, Kandpal HC, Mathur VP, Shah N. Effect of bleaching on color change and surface topography of composite restorations. Int J Dent. 2010; 2010:695748.
23. Kar AK, Parkash H, Jain V. Full mouth rehabilitation of a case of generalized enamel hypoplasia using a twin – stage procedure. Contemporary clinical Dentistry, 2010;1 : 98-102
24. Pruthi G, Jain V. A novel method for retention of orbital prosthesis in a case with continues maxillary and orbital defect. J Indian ProsthodonticSoc, 2010; 10:10-25.
25. Aggarwal V, Logani A, Jain V, Shah N. Effect of cyclic loading on marginal adaptation and bond strength in direct vs. indirect class II MO composite restorations. Operative Dentistry 2008:33; 587-592.
26. Jain V, Gupta R, Duggal R, Parkash H. Restoration of traumatized anterior teeth by interdisciplinary approach: Report of three cases J. Indian Soc. Ped. Prev. Dent.2005:23; 193-197.