Dr. Rakesh Lal
MBBS, M.D. (Psychological Medicine)
Field of interest:
Substance Abuse in Women
Adult Psychiatry (Depressive Disorders)
Total number of publication till date: 33
Details of publication from yr. 2000 onwards till to date:
1. P. Shyangwa, B.M. Tripathi, R, & R. Lal : Family Burden in Opioid Dependent Persons. The Journal of Mental Health Policy and Economics. Vol. 3, Suppl 1, May 2000.
2. Rakesh Lal : Monitoring trends of drug abuse In : Substance Use Disorder : Manual for Physicians. (ed. Rajat Ray) pp.
3. Tripathi B.M. and Rakesh Lal : Doctor- Patient Relationship in Perspective. The Mind Healer – Millennium Issue. Vol 3, No.4
October 2000, pp 15-17.
4. B.M.Tripathi, Rakesh Lal, H.P.Jhingan and Sumit Gupta : Disability in Mental Illness. Journal of Personality and Clinical
Studies. Vol.17, No.1,2001,1-8.
5. Goyal A, Chumber S, Tandon N, Lal R, Srivastav A and Gupta S : Neuropsychiatric manifestations in patients of primary
hypothyroidism and outcome following surgery . Indian Journal of Medical Sciences. Vol 55. No.12, December 2001, pp
Number of funded and non funded projects along with year completed/ongoing:
1.Coinvestigator in ICMR sponsored project : Monitoring of Drug Abuse. 1988-1992.
2.Participant in Field Trial of the Multiaxial Presentation of ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural disorders.
3.Chief Investigator in funded project entitled `Personality Assessment and Coping Behaviour in patients of Somatoform
and Dissociative Disorders’. 1994-95.
4.Involved in making of vignettes for primary health care doctors for training in drug abuse identification and management.
5. Co-investigator in non funded project on `Visual and Brainstem Auditory Evoked responses in opioid dependence’.
6. Participant in ICMR, funded project on `Tobacco Cessation Clinics’ under Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
7. Involved as Editor in development of a multiauthored manual on substance abuse disorders for general physicians.
8. A phase – 2 clinical study to evaluate the safety and efficacy of ESD-27 in patients of chronic primary insomnia.
Interdepartmental project with Dept. of Neurology (Neurophysiology Section)
9. On going project ‘Workplace intervention for management of alcohol and drug abuse’
10.Thesis supervised as MD/PhD
a) As Chief Guide: Only Nos. 8
b) As Co guide: Only Nos. 7
11. Significant events:
1. Member Organizing Committee : Second Annual Conference of Indian Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health
November 20-21, 1993.
2. Organizing Committee – Scientific programme co-ordinator SABSMUT (Social and Be