OUT PATIENT DEPARTMENT (OPD) SERVICES
Location:-OPD services are situated in Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur (RAK) OPD Block and adjoining extended OPD building for Medicine and Pediatrics OPD.
Registration Time Consultation Time General OPD 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. 8.30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Speciality Clinics 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- OPD Card costing Rs. 10/- can be purchased from main counter, OPD ground floor. After this, you should get yourself registered at the counter of respective OPDs.
- You have right to consult any doctor/ consultant. For seeking appointment with any consultant on his OPD days, you may contact his/her office.
- Patients are seen on first come first serve basis. However, out of turn consultation may be provided in case of emergency or to senior citizens.
- For consultation in Speciality and Super-speciality clinics, you need to have referred from general OPD of AIIMS or any Government Institution.
- Speciality Clinics - (for details see OPD brochure available at enquiry counter in OPD)
- Super Speciality Services:- following Centres provide these services-
- Cardio Thoracic and Neuro Sciences Centre.
- Dr. Rajendra Prasad Centre for Ophthalmic Sciences.
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Institute Rotary Cancer Hospital.
- National Drugs Dependency Treatment Centre, Ghaziabad.
- Investigations: After OPD consultation, the treating doctor will fill up the requisition forms for various investigations & direct/guide you to the concerned lab /dept.
- Sample collection centre for Blood, Urine, Stool etc. - Room No. 27, RAK OPD Ground Floor and Room No. 14A in Extended OPD Block.
- Sample Collection Timings are:- 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m.
- Certain specialized investigations are done on particular days only.
- The report normally reaches the concerned OPD on the next OPD day.
- Certain investigations are done free of charge while others are charged as per the prevailing norms fixed by Government. Patients should Deposit the money only at the designated hospital Cash Counters and obtain the proper receipt.
- Due to excess work load, waiting period exists for certain investigations like MRI, CT, USG etc. Patients are given future dates by the concerned departments. However, these may be done out of turn in urgent situations, on recommendation of the treating doctor.
- Many facilities are provided at OPD level e.g. ECG, Plaster, Injection and Immunization Room, Contraception and MTP Services, Minor Surgical Intervention, Physiotherapy, Bronchoscopy, Endoscopy etc.
- Medical fitness / Medical examination and other such certificates are issued after paying the requisite fees. For this purpose contact the central registration office, ground floor OPD.
- The decision to admit a patient rests with the treating doctor. The patient will be admitted only if a vacant bed is available. But, in case of emergency, out of turn admission may be done.
- Wheel chairs, patient trolleys etc. are available free of charge at the entrance of OPD.
- OPDs have waiting hall with chairs, STD booth, TVs, lifts, ramp for Ortho OPD, public utilities like drinking water & toilets etc. at each floor.
- You should park your vehicle in the paid parking only otherwise it is likely to be towed away.
- To meet day-to-day needs of patients, there is canteen and grocery shop in front of the private ward block; medical stores, book shops, general store and STD booths in the subway nearby.