Dr. Uma Sharma, Additional Professor,
Department of NMR,
All India Institute of Medical Sciences,
यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए.
यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए.
यह ईमेल पता spambots से संरक्षित किया जा रहा है. आप जावास्क्रिप्ट यह देखने के सक्षम होना चाहिए.
Field of Specialization
Metabolic pheno-typing for personalized health care
Novel MRI and MRS tools for investigating human diseases
Metabonomics and proteomics of human diseases like Celiac disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis and psychiatric diseases
Novel MRI and MRS tools for investigating breast cancer
Animal model of stroke and cancer
Dr. Uma Sharma is at present working as Additional Professor at Dept. of NMR & MRI, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. She received her Ph.D. from Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee. Her major research interest lies in the development and evaluation of non-invasive in-vitro NMR spectroscopy and metabonomics and proteomics based approach for identification of non-invasive biomarkers for diagnosis of Celiac disease, rheumatoid arthritis and psychiatric diseases. She has also carried out extensive research work on breast cancer, neuromuscular diseases, gastrointestinal diseases using high resolution NMR spectroscopy, in vivo MRI and MR spectroscopy. Her other areas of research includes biomedical applications of magnetic resonance to diagnosis and treatment management in human diseases and evaluation of neuroprotective activity of herbal medicines in experimental animal models. She has over 200 publications including over 90 research publications in International and National journals, book chapters and abstracts of conference proceedings.
Education (Post-Graduation onwards)
Ph.D., Biosciences and Biotechnology, 1996, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee,
Topic: Interaction of anticancerous drug daunomycin with nucleic acids.
M.Sc., Biosciences, 1990, I division, Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee.
Professional Career: ( Details in reverse chronological order)
Additional Professor, Dept. of NMR, AIIMS (1st July 2018 - continuing).
Associate Professor, Dept. of NMR, AIIMS (1st July 2015-30th June 2018).
Assistant Professor, Dept. of NMR, AIIMS (10th May 2012- 30th June 2015).
Scientist-III, Dept. of NMR, AIIMS (1st Feb. 2008 to 9th May 2012).
Scientist-II, Dept. of NMR, AIIMS (1st Feb. 2003 to 31st Jan. 2008).
CSIR, Pool Officer, Dept. of NMR (1st Jan. 2001 to 31st Jan. 2003).
Junior Research Officer, Dept. of NMR (1st Dec. 1997 to 31st Dec. 2001).
- Guided 1 Ph.D. student as Chief supervisor. Ph.D. degree awarded. One CSIR JRF is carrying out research work.
- Guided: 9 Ph.D , 6 M.Sc., 5 M.D., 2 D.M., 3 M.S. and 1 MCh. student who have completed their thesis work under her co-supervision.
- Eight Ph.D, 1 MD students are carrying out research work for their degrees under her co-supervision.
- Funded research projects: She has funded projects as Principal Investigator from Dept. Of Biotechnology, Govt. of India, SERB, Govt. of India, and .
Awards and Honors
- Dr. R. M. Kasliwal Award 2014 from National Academy of Medical Sciences, Govt. of India. On “Similarity in the metabolic profile in macroscopically involved and un-involved colonic mucosa in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: as in vitro proton (1H) MR spectroscopy study”.
- NMR Knowledge Base - November 2015: Journal Highlight: Metabolic abnormalities of gastrointestinal mucosa in celiac disease: An in vitro proton NMR spectroscopy study Proton NMR spectroscopy has been used to investigate the differences in metabolic profile of duodenal mucosal biopsies of patients with celiac disease and controls to find out the biomarker's of villous atrophy.
- Distinguished Reviewer of J Magn. Reson. Imaging (Willey International (2016)
- Distinguished Reviewer of J Magn. Reson. Imaging (Willey International (2018)
- 2nd poster award on our work on “in vivo phosphorus MRS study showing improvement in muscle metabolism of DMD patients who were given oral creatine supplementation in the conference of International Society of magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) (2009).
- Best poster award in International Conference on Magnetic Resonance in Biological Systems (ICMRBS) meeting in France (2005). Our work demonstrated use of tumor apparent diffusion coefficient and total choline SNR as useful parameters to predict response of tumor after 1st cycle of neoadjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer patients.
- Outstanding poster award on In vivo proton magnetic resonance spectroscopic (PMRS) evaluation and its histopathological correlation for characterization of soft tissue sarcomas in Sarcoma Meeting Stuttgart (SMS) 2005.
- Member: National Academy of Medical Sciences, India
- Life Member, Indian Biophysical Society (IBS)
- Life Member, NMR Society of India (NMRS)
- Life Member, Indian Science Congress (ISC)
- Life Member, International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- Member, Molecular Imaging Society of India (MISI)
- Member, Indian Chapter of International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM)
- Member, Executive Council, Indian Biophysical Society (IBS) (2015 – 2016)
Contributions made towards the development of new therapeutic or diagnostic procedures
Recently we developed a new methodology to guide voxel positioning for MRS (in the absence of contrast-enhanced MRI) using the apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) of water in malignant breast tissues determined using diffusion MRI with the differentiation of viable and necrotic areas of breast cancer. This will be very useful method in India, as most patients belong to poor socioeconomic status and cannot afford the cost of contrast (Sharma et al., Magn. Reson. Imaging 2012; 30, 649-55). We also demonstrated biomarkers of villous atrophy in patients with celiac disease using NMR based metabonomics approach (Sharma U et al. J of Gastroenterol and Hepatology 2015;30:1492-8) would aid in the development of non-invasive procedures for diagnosis and treatment of patients with celiac disease. We also demonstrated use of MR based multi-parametric approach in monitoring chemotherapy response in breast cancer patients (Sharma U et al. Front Oncol. 2018 Aug 15;8:319. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2018.00319. eCollection 2018). Reprints attached.
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
Summary of Publications
Chapters in books 05
Articles in Journals 88
Abstracts in International Conferences 56
Abstracts in National Conferences 46
Chapters in Books and Proceedings
- Sharma U and Jagannathan NR. Characterization of Breast and Prostate Tissues by in vivo Proton (1H) Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS). In Proceeding of INSA Platinum Jublee Celebration (Future Directions of NMR), C.L. Khetrapal, A. Kumar and K.V. Ramanathan (Eds.); New Delhi; Springer; 2011: pp. 67-75.
- Sharma U, Atri S, Sharma MC, Sarkar C and Jagannathan NR. Role of MR spectroscopy in the study of skeletal muscle tissues- a review. In: “Recent Advances in MR Imaging and Spectroscopy”. N.R. Jagannathan (Ed.). New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers; 2005: pp. 398-427.
- Sharma U and Jagannathan NR. Applications of MR spectroscopy in neuromuscular diseases. In: Biomedical Magnetic Resonance: Proceedings of the International Workshop on Biomedical MR. Jagannathan N.R. (Ed.). New Delhi: Jaypee Brothers Medical Publishers (P) Ltd.; 2005: pp. 313-329.
- Kumar V, Sharma U and Jagannathan NR. Functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI) in biological research In: Recent trends in biophysical research, M. Maiti, G. Suresh Kumar and S. Das (eds.) 2003: pp. 81-86.
- Sharma U and Jagannathan NR. Concepts and applications of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and in-vivo magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) in clinical medicine. In “Microwave Measurement Techniques and Applications”. Ed. J. Behari, Anamaya Publishers, New Delhi, 2002: pp103-118.
- Sharma U and N. R. Jagannathan (2016). ‘MRS in Breast Cancer’ in Handbook of Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy In Vivo: MRS Theory, Practice and Applications, Bottomley, P.A. and Griffiths, J.R. (eds). John Wiley & Sons Ltd, Chichester, UK, pp 981-995. Online edition in: eMagRes, 2015, 4:821-832. DOI 10.1002/9780470034590.emrstm1424
- Sharma U and Jagannathan NR. The role of in vivo proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) in the evaluation of breast and prostate cancers. J. of the Indian Institute of Science 2014; 94: 371-385.
- Sharma U and Jagannathan NR. Characterization of breast tissues by diffusion weighted MR imaging. Biomedical Spectroscopy and Imaging 2014; 3: 1–13.
- Kumar V, Sharma U, Jagannathan N R. Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy of Cancer. Biomedical Spectroscopy and Imaging 2012; 1: 89-100.
- Sharma U, Baek HM, Su MY, Jagannathan NR. In vivo 1H MRS in the assessment of the therapeutic response of breast cancer patients. NMR Biomed. 2011 Jul;24(6):700-11. doi: 10.1002/nbm.1654. Epub 2011 Jan 28.Impact Factor 3.446. Citations 17.
- Sharma U and Jagannathan NR. Breast Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy (MRS). In: “Encyclopedia of Magnetic Resonance”, Eds R. K. Harris and R. E. Wasylishen, John Wiley: Chichester. DOI: 10.1002/9780470034590.emrstm1167. Published 15th December 2009. Citations 1
- Sharma U, Sharma R and Jagannathan NR. Breast Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI): Techniques and Clinical Applications. In: “Encyclopedia of Magnetic Resonance”Wasylishen, John Wiley: Chichester. 2009.
- Sharma U and Jagannathan NR. Biochemical characterization of breast tumors by in vivo and in vitro magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS). Biophys Rev 2009; 1: 21–26. Citations 1
- Sharma U,Sah RG and Jagannathan NR. Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and spectroscopy (MRS) in Breast Cancer.Magnetic Resonance Insights 2008; 2: 1–16. Citations 2
- Sharma U and Jagannathan N R. In vivo magnetic resonance spectroscopy in breast cancer. In: “Modern Magnetic Resonance”, Ed. G. A. Webb, Springer, 2006, pp 1063-1072. Citations 9
- Sharma U, Handa R and Jagannathan NR. In vivo magnetic resonance spectroscopy in systemic lupus eruthematosus. Neuroscience Imaging 2006; 1: 117-141.
- Sharma U, Sharma R and Jagannathan NR. Characterization of Breast Lesions Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) and Spectroscopy (MRS). Current Medical Imaging Reviews 2006; 2: 329-340.
- Sharma U, Kumar V, Jagannathan NR. Role of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), MR spectroscopy (MRS) and other imaging modalities in breast cancer. Natl Acad Sci Lett 2004; 27: 373-385.
- Sharma U and Jagannathan NR. Potential of in-vivo magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) in medicine. Proc Indian Natl Sci Acad. 2004; 70: 555-577.
Articles in Journals
- Sharma U. Editorial for “Synchronous Breast Cancer:Phenotypic Similarities on MRI”. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2020; doi:10.1002/jmri.27102. *Corresponding Author
- Upadhyay D, Singh A, Das P, Mehtab J, Dattagupta S, Ahuja V, Makharia GK, Jagannathan NR and Sharma U. Abnormalities in metabolic pathways in Celiac disease investigated by the metabolic profiling of small intestinal mucosa, blood plasma and urine by NMR spectroscopy. NMR Biomed. 2020;33(8):e4305. *Corresponding Author
- Gupta S, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR and Gupta YK. 1H NMR metabolomic profiling revealed neuroprotective effect of lercanidipine in MCAo model of stroke. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology , 72 (2020), pp. 816–825.
- Sharma U, Jagannathan NR. Breast Cancer Metabolomics Using NMR. Methods Mol Biol. 2019;2037:195-213.
- Sharma U, Jagannathan NR. In vivo MR Spectroscopy for Breast cancer Diagnosis. Br. J. Radiol (open). 2019 (accepted) Corresponding author.
- Sharma U, Agarwal K, Hari S, Mathur SR, Seenu V, Parshad R, Jagannathan NR. Role of diffusion weighted imaging and magnetic resonance spectroscopy in breast
- cancer patients with indeterminate dynamic contrast enhanced magnetic resonance imaging findings. Magn Reson Imaging. 2019 May 22;61:66-72. doi:
- 10.1016/j.mri.2019.05.032. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 31128225.
- Parmar A, Sharan P, Khandelwal SK, Agarwal K, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR. Brain neurochemistry in unmedicated Obsessive Compulsive Disorder patients and effects of 12-week escitalopram treatment: A (1) H-magnetic resonance spectroscopy study. Psychiatry Clin Neurosci. 2019 Apr 11. doi: 10.1111/pcn.12850. [Epub ahead of print] PubMed PMID: 30973183.
- Singh D, Reeta KH, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Dinda AK, Gupta YK. Neuro-protective effect of monomethyl fumarate on ischemia reperfusion injury in rats: Role of Nrf2/HO1 pathway in peri-infarct region. Neurochem Int. 2019 Jun;126:96-108. doi: 10.1016/j.neuint.2019.03.010. Epub 2019 Mar 14. PubMed PMID:30880045.
- Sharma A, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Ray R, Rajeswari MR. Effect of Doxorubicin on Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Skin: Assessment by MRI Relaxometry at 4.7T. Cancer Invest. 2019;37(8):339-354. doi: 10.1080/07357907.2019.1651327.
- Sharma U, Agarwal K, Sah RG, Parshad R, Seenu V, Mathur S, Gupta SD, Jagannathan NR. Can Multi-Parametric MR Based Approach Improve the Predictive Value of Pathological and Clinical Therapeutic Response in Breast Cancer Patients? Front Oncol. 2018 Aug 15;8:319. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2018.00319. eCollection 2018. PubMed PMID: 30159254; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC6104482. Impact Factor 4.416
- Dutta M, Singh B, Joshi M, Das D, Subramani E, Maan M, Jana SK, Sharma U, Das S, Dasgupta S, Ray CD, Chakravarty B, Chaudhury K. Metabolomics reveals perturbations in endometrium and serum of minimal and mild endometriosis. Sci Rep. 2018 Apr 24;8(1):6466. doi: 10.1038/s41598-018-23954-7. PubMed PMID: 29691425; PubMed Central PMCID: PMC5915433. Impact factor 4.609, Citation 1.
- Gupta S, Upadhyay D, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR and Gupta YK. Citalopram attenuated neurobehavioral, biochemical, and metabolic alterations in transient middle cerebral artery occlusion model of stroke in male Wistar rats. J Neuro Res. 2018;1–17.
- Agarwal K, Sharma U, Mathur S, Seenu V, Parshad R, Jagannathan NR.. Study of lipid metabolism by estimating the fat fraction in different breast tissues and in various breast tumor sub-types by in vivo 1H MR spectroscopy. Magn Reson Imaging. 2018 Feb 14;49:116-122. doi: 10.1016/j.mri.2018.02.004. [Epub ahead of print]
- Agarwal K, Sharma U, Sah RG, Mathur S, Hari S, Seenu V, Parshad R, Jagannathan NR. Pre-operative assessment of residual disease in locally advanced breast cancer patients: A sequential study by quantitative diffusion weighted MRI as a function of therapy. Magn Reson Imaging. 2017 Jun 13;42:88-94. doi: 10.1016/j.mri.2017.06.002.
- Jagannathan NR, Sharma U. Breast Tissue Metabolism by Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy. Metabolites. 2017 Jun 7;7(2). pii: E25. doi: 10.3390/metabo7020025. Review.
- Agarwal K, Hariprasad G, Rani K, Sharma U, Mathur SR, Seenu V, Parshad R, Jagannathan NR. Is there an association between enhanced choline and β-catenin pathway in breast cancer? A pilot study by MR Spectroscopy and ELISA. Sci Rep. 2017 May 22;7(1):2221. doi: 10.1038/s41598-017-01459-z.
- Jaidev LR, Raj Chellappan D, Vasanth Bhavsar D, Ranganathan R, Sivanantham B, Subramanian A, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Maheswari Krishnan U, Sethuraman S. Multi-Functional Nanoparticles as Theranostic Agents for Treatment & Imaging in Pancreatic Cancer. Acta Biomater. 2016 Nov 23. pii: S1742-7061(16)30649-3. doi: 10.1016/j.actbio.2016.11.053. [Epub ahead of print]
- Dangat K, Upadhyay D, Kilari A, Sharma U, Kemse N, Mehendale S, Lalwani S, Wagh G, Joshi S, Jagannathan NR. Altered breast milk components in preeclampsia; An in-vitro proton NMR spectroscopy study. Clin Chim Acta. 2016 Dec 1;463:75-83. doi: 10.1016/j.cca.2016.10.015.
- Gupta S, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Gupta YK. Neuroprotective effect of lercanidipine in middle cerebral artery occlusion model of stroke in rats. Exp Neurol. 2016 Oct 26;288:25-37. doi: 10.1016/j.expneurol.2016.10.014. [Epub ahead of print]
- Sharma U, Sah RG, Agarwal K, Parshad R, Seenu V, Mathur SR, Hari S, Jagannathan NR. Potential of Diffusion-Weighted Imaging in the Characterization of Malignant, Benign, and Healthy Breast Tissues and Molecular Subtypes of Breast Cancer. Front Oncol. 2016 May 23;6:126. doi: 10.3389/fonc.2016.00126.
- Upadhyay D, Sharma U, Makharia GK, and Jagannathan NR.. Role of NMR metabonomics in Celiac Disease (CeD). Biomedical Spectroscopy and Imaging 5 (2016) 27–40. DOI 10.3233/BSI-150129.
- Sharma U, Upadhyay D, Mewar S, Mishra A, Das P, Datta Gupta S, Dwivedi S.N. Makharia GK, and Jagannathan NR. Metabolic abnormalities of gastrointestinal mucosa in celiac disease: an in-vitro proton NMR spectroscopy study. J of Gastroenterol and Hepatology 2015 Oct;30(10):1492-8. doi: 10.1111/jgh.12979.
- Upadhyay D, Makharia GK, Jagannathan NR and Sharma U. Altered Metabolic Profile of Blood Plasma in Patients with Celiac disease: In-Vitro Proton Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Study. International Journal of Celiac Disease, 2015, Vol. 3, No. 3, 98-101. DOI:10.12691/ijcd-3-3-8
- Chauhan A, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Gupta YK. Rapamycin ameliorates brain metabolites alterations after transient focal ischemia in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2015 Jun 15;757:28-33. doi: 10.1016/j.ejphar.2015.03.006. Epub 2015 Mar 23.
- Malik A, Sharma U, Lakshmy R, Narang R and Jagannathan NR. Biochemical characterization of blood plasma of coronary artery disease patients by in-vitro high-resolution proton NMR spectroscopy. J Biosci. 2015 Mar;40(1):31-9. PubMed PMID: 25740139.
- Kumar V, Nag TC, Sharma U, Mewar S, Jagannathan NR, Wadhwa S. High resolution 1H NMR-based metabonomic study of the auditory cortex analogue of developing chick (Gallus gallus domesticus) following prenatal chronic loud music and noise exposure. Neurochem Int. 2014 Oct;76:99-108. doi: 10.1016/j.neuint.2014.07.002. Epub 2014 Jul 15. Impact Factor 2.65.
- Jaidev LR, Bhavsar DV, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Krishnan UM, Sethuraman S. Engineered multifunctional nanomaterials for multimodal imaging of retinoblastoma cells in vitro. J Biomater Sci Polym Ed. 2014;25(11):1093-109. doi: 10.1080/09205063.2014.917040. Epub 2014 Jun 9.
- Kumar V, Nag TC, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Wadhwa S. Differential effects of prenatal chronic high-decibel noise and music exposure on the excitatory and inhibitory synaptic components of the auditory cortex analog in developing chicks (Gallus gallus domesticus). Neuroscience. 2014; 269C: 302-317. Impact factor 3.389.
- Sinha S, Ekka M, Sharma U, P R, Pandey RM, Jagannathan NR. Assessment of changes in brain metabolites in Indian patients with type-2 diabetes mellitus using proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy. BMC Res Notes. 2014; 7: 41. doi: 10.1186/1756-0500-7-41.
- Gnanavel S, Sharan P, Khandelwal S, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR. Neurochemicals measured by 1H-MR spectroscopy: putative vulnerability biomarkers for obsessive compulsive disorder. MAGMA. 2014 Oct;27(5):407-17.
- Sah RG, Agarwal K, Sharma U, Parshad R, Seenu V, Jagannathan NR. Characterization of malignant breast tissue of breast cancer patients and the normal breast tissue of healthy lactating women volunteers using diffusion MRI and in vivo 1 H MR spectroscopy. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2015 Jan;41(1):169-74.
- Chauhan A, Sharma U, Reeta KH, Jagannathan NR, Mehra RD, Gupta YK.
- Neuroimaging, biochemical and cellular evidence of protection by mycophenolate mofetil on middle cerebral artery occlusion induced injury in rats. Eur J Pharmacol. 2012; 5; 684: 71-8. Impact factor 2.778
- Sharma U, Sah RG, Parshad R, Sharma R, Seenu V, Jagannathan NR. Role of apparent diffusion coefficient values for the differentiation of viable and necrotic areas of breast cancer and its potential utility to guide voxel positioning for MRS in the absence of dynamic contrast-enhanced MRI data. Magn Reson Imaging. 2012; 30: 649-55. Impact factor 2.286, Citations 5.
- Kumar M, Singh G, Arora V, Mewar S, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Sapra S, Dinda AK, Kharbanda S, Singh H. Cellular interaction of folic acid conjugated superparamagnetic iron oxide nanoparticles and its use as contrast agent for targeted magnetic imaging of tumor cells. Int J Nanomedicine. 2012;7:3503-16.
- Dilnawaz F, Singh A, Mewar S, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Sahoo SK. The transport of non-surfactant based paclitaxel loaded magnetic nanoparticles across the blood brain barrier in a rat model. Biomaterials. 2012; 33: 2936-51. Impact factor 8.496, Citations 21.
- Sah RG, Sharma U, Parshad R, Seenu V, Mathur SR, Jagannathan NR. Association of estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 status with total choline concentration and tumor volume in breast cancer patients: An MRI and in vivo proton MRS study. Magn Reson Med. 2012; 68: 1039-47. Impact factor 3.268,Citations 10.
- Gandhi S, Venkatesh S, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Swaminathan S and Krishnan UM. Superparamagnetic nanosystems based on iron oxide nanoparticles & mesoporous silica: synthesis & evaluation of their magnetic, relaxometric and biocompatability properties. J. Mater. Chem., 2011; 21: 15698-15707. Impact factor 6.101, Citations 14.
- Chauhan A, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Reeta KH, Gupta YK. Rapamycin protects against middle cerebral artery occlusion induced focal cerebral ischemia in rats. Behav Brain Res. 2011; 225: 603-9. Impact factor 3.22, Citations 21.
- Singhal G, Akhter MZ, Stern DF, Gupta SD, Ahuja A, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Rajeswari MR. NA triplex-mediated inhibition of MET leads to cell death and tumor regression in hepatoma. Cancer Gene Ther. 2011; 18: 520-30. Impact factor 2.945, Citations 4.
- Seth R, Kalra V, Sharma U, Jagannathan N. Magnetic resonance spectroscopy in ring enhancing lesions. Indian Pediatr. 2010; 47: 803-804. Impact Factor 0.962.
- Rastogi R, Gulati N, Kotnala RK, Sharma U, Jayasundar R, Koul V. Evaluation of folate conjugated pegylated thermosensitive magnetic nanocomposites for tumor imaging and therapy. Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces. 2011; 82: 160-167. Impact Factor 2.606. Citations 35.
- Sharma SK, Sinha S, Danishad KA, Sharma U, Sharma H, Mishra HK, Mishra H, Kadhiravan T, Reddy VV, Sreenivas V, Jagannathan NR. Proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy of brain in obstructive sleep apnoea in north Indian Asian subjects. Indian J Med Res. 2010; 132: 278-86. Impact Factor 0.365.
- Ramdurg SR, Suri A, Gupta D, Mewar S, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Sharma BS. Magnetic resonance imaging evaluation of subarachnoid hemorrhage in rats and the effects of intracisternal injection of papaverine and nitroglycerine in the management of cerebral vasospasm. Neurol India. 2010; 58: 377-83. Impact Factor 0.733. Citations 4
- Gupta R, Sharma U, Gupta N, Kalaivani M, Singh U, Guleria R, Jagannathan NR, Goswami R. Effect of cholecalciferol and calcium supplementation on muscle strength and energy metabolism in vitamin D deficient Asian Indians: A randomized controlled trial. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2010;73: 445-51. Impact factor 3.201. Citations 22.
- Sharma U, Singh RR, Ahuja V, Makharia GK, Jagannathan NR. Similarity in the metabolic profile in macroscopically involved and un-involved colonic mucosa in patients with inflammatory bowel disease: an in vitro proton ((1)H) MR spectroscopy study. Magn Reson Imaging. 2010; 28: 1022-9. Impact Factor 2.35. Citations 10.
- Banerjee B, Sharma U, Balasubramanian K, Kalaivani M, Kalra V, Jagannathan NR. Effect of creatine monohydrate in improving cellular energetics and muscle strength in ambulatory Duchenne muscular dystrophy patients: a randomized, placebo-controlled 31P MRS study. Magn Reson Imaging. 2010; 28: 698-707. Impact Factor 2.35. Citations 19.
- Danishad KKA, Sharma U, Sah RG, Seenu V, Parshad R, Jagannathan NR.Assessment of therapeutic response of locally advanced breast cancer (LABC) patients undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy (NACT) monitored using sequential magnetic resonance spectroscopic imaging (MRSI). NMR Biomed. 2010; 23: 233-41. Impact Factor 3.445. Citations 30.
- Briyal S, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR and Gupta YK. Effect of vineatrol in focal cerebral ischemia in rats.Methods Find Exp Clin Pharmacol 2009, 31: 505-11.
- Shukla J, Sharma U, Kar R, Varma IK, Juyal S, Jagannathan NR and Bandopadhyaya GP. Tamoxifen-2-hydroxylpropyl-beta-cyclodextrin-aggregated nanoassembly for nonbreast estrogen-receptor-positive cancer therapy.Nanomed2009; 4: 895-902. Impact Factor 5.982. Citations 1.
- Sharma U, Kumar M, Sah RG and Jagannathan NR. Study of normal breast tissue by in vivo volume localized proton MR spectroscopy: variation of water-fat ratio in relation to the heterogeneity of the breast and the menstrual cycle.Magn Reson Imaging 2009; 27: 785-91. Impact Factor 2.35. Citations 3.
- Balasubramanian K, Kumar S, Singh RR, Sharma U, Ahuja V, Makharia GK and Jagannathan NR. Metabolism of the colonic mucosa in patients with inflammatory bowel diseases: an in vitro proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy study.Magn Reson Imaging 2009; 27: 79-86. Impact Factor 2.35. Citations 30.
- Sharma U, Danishad KK, Seenu V and Jagannathan NR. Longitudinal study of the assessment by MRI and diffusion-weighted imaging of tumor response in patients with locally advanced breast cancer undergoing neoadjuvant chemotherapy.NMR Biomed2009; 22: 104-13. Impact Factor 3.446. Citations 244.
- Dohare P, Garg P, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Ray M. Neuroprotective efficacy and therapeutic window of curcuma oil: in rat embolic stroke model.BMC Complement Altern Med 2008; 30: 55. Citations 31.
- Barthwal R, Agrawal P, Tripathi AN, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Govil G.Structural elucidation of 4'-epiadriamycin by nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and comparison with adriamycin and daunomycin using quantum mechanical and restrained molecular dynamics approach.Arch Biochem Biophys 2008; 474: 48-64. Impact Factor 2.578. Citations 6.
- Rathore P, Dohare P, Varma S, Ray A, Sharma U, Jaganathanan NR, Ray M. Curcuma oil: reduces early accumulation of oxidative product and is anti-apoptogenic in transient focal ischemia in rat brain.Neurochem Res 2008; 33: 1672-82. Impact Factor 2.78. Citations 55.
- Sharma U, Kumar V, Wadhwa S and Jagannathan NR. In vivo 31P MRS study of skeletal muscle metabolism in patients with postpolio residual paralysis. Magn Reson Imaging 2007; 25: 244-249. Impact Factor 2.35. Citations 13.
- Sharma U, Pal K, Pratap A, Gupta DK and Jagannathan NR. Potential of proton (1H) magnetic resonance spectroscopy (MRS) in the evaluation of patients of tethered cord syndrome following surgery. J Neurosurg(Pediatrics)2006; 105, 396-402. Impact Factor 2.769. Citations 4.
- Barthwal R, Sharma U, Srivastava N, Jain M, Awasthi P, Kaur M, Barthwal SK, Govil G. Structure of daunomycin complexed to d-TGATCA by two-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Eur J Med Chem 2006; 41: 27-39. Impact Factor 3.26.
- Seenu V, Pavan Kumar MN, Sharma U, Gupta SD, Mehta SN, Jagannathan NR. Potential of magnetic resonance spectroscopy to detect metastasis in axillary lymph nodes in breast cancer. Magn Reson Imaging 2005; 23: 1005-10. Impact Factor 2.35. Citations 27.
- Kamlesh P, Sharma U, Gupta DK, Pratap A and Jagannathan NR. Metabolite profile of cerebrospinal fluid in patients with spina bifida: a proton magnetic resonance spectroscopy study. Spine 2005; 30: E68-72. Impact Factor 2.624. Citations 5.
- Gupta YK, Briyal S, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR, Gulati A. Effect of endothelin antagonist (TAK-044) on cerebral ischemic volume, oxidative stress markers and neurobehavioral parameters in the middle cerebral artery occlusion model of stroke in rats. Life Sci 2005; 77:15-27. Impact Factor 2.672. Citations 50.
- Sharma U, Mehta A, Seenu V and Jagannathan NR. Biochemical characterization of metastatic lymph nodes of breast cancer patients by in-vitro 1H magnetic resonance spectroscopy: a pilot study. Magn Reson Imaging 2004: 22: 697-706. Impact Factor 2.35. Citations 40.
- Barthwal R, Awasthi P, Monica, Kaur M, Sharma U, Srivastava N, Barthwal SK and Govil G. Structure of DNA sequence d-TGATCA by two-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and restrained molecular dynamics. J Struc Biol 2004; 148: 34-50. Impact Factor 3.67. Citations 3.
- Barthwal R, Monica, Awasthi P, Srivastava N, Sharma U, Kaur M and Govil G. Structure of DNA hexamer sequence d-CGATCG by two-dimensional nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy and restrained molecular dynamics. J Biomol Struct Dyn 2003; 21: 407-423. Impact Factor 1.299. Citations 8.
- Sharma U, Atri S, Sharma MC, Sarkar C and Jagannathan NR. Skeletal muscle metabolism in Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD): an in vitro NMR spectroscopy. Magn Reson Imaging2003; 21: 145-153. Impact Factor 2.35. Citations 60.
- Sharma U, Atri S, Sharma MC, Sarkar C and Jagannathan NR. Biochemical evaluation of muscle tissue extracts in limb gridle muscular dystrophy patients: A 1H and 13C NMR study. NMR Biomed 2003;16: 213-223. Impact Factor 3.445. Citations 10.
- Chaudhary G, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR and Gupta YK. Evaluation of the effect of Withania Somnifera in middle cerebral artery occlusion model of stroke in rats. Clinical Exp Pharmcol Physiol 2003; 30: 399-404. Citations 43.
- Rajeswari MR, Jain A, Sharma A, Singh D, Jagannathan, NR, SharmaU and Degaonkar MN. Evaluation of skin tumors by magnetic resonance imaging. Laboratory Invest2003; 83: 1279-83. Impact factor 4.622. Citations 14.
- Koel Chaudhury, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR and Guha SK. Effect of a new injectable male contraceptive on the seminal plasma amino acids studied by proton NMR spectroscopy. Contraception 2002; 66: 199-204. Impact Factor 2.369. Citations 14.
- Seth R, Sharma U. Diagnostic criteria for Tuberculous Meningitis. Indian J Pediatr. 2002 Apr;69(4):299-303. PMID: 12019549 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE] Related citations
- Sharma U, Chaudhury K, Jagannathan NR and Guha SK. A proton NMR study of the effect of a new intravasal injectable male contraceptive RISUG on seminal plasma metabolites. Reproduction 2001; 122: 431-436. Impact Factor 3.14. Citations 34.
- Srivastava TK, Haq W, Bhanumati S, Velmuruganan D, Sharma U, Jagannathan NR and Katti S. Structural insight into oxybenzotriazole based coupling reagents. Protein and Peptide Letters 2001; 8: 39-44. Impact Fcator 1.76.
- Barthwal R, Mujeeb A, Srivastava N and Sharma U. A proton nuclear magnetic resonance investigation of the conformation of daunomycin. Chemico-Biol Interact., 1996; 100: 125-139. Impact Factor 2.46.
- Barthwal R, Srivastava N, SharmaU and Govil G. A 500 MHz proton NMR study of the conformation of adriamycin. J Mol Struc .,1994; 327: 201-220. Impact Factor 1.698. Citations 7.