Awards and Honours
1. Dr. S.K.Acharya was awarded the Padma Shree Award by the President of India on January 31, 2014.
2. Dr. Umesh Kapil was requested by World health organization to review and update of the Regional Nutrition Strategy: addressing malnutrition and micronutrient deficiencies (2011-2015) which consists of following chapters i) Introduction ; ii) Profile of the South East Asia Region Countries and Food Security and iii) Assessment of Nutrition
3. Dr. Umesh Kapil was elected member of Technical Meeting of International Malnutrition Task Force on “Severe Acute and Moderate Malnutrition in South-East Asia” held on 27-29th May 2013 at Bangkok, Thailand.
4. Dr.Pramod Garg Continues to be as Associate Editor of an international journal “Pancreatology” (5-year impact factor 2.39).
5. Dr. Pramod Garg was Elected Council Member, International Association of Pancreatology 2012
6. Dr. Pramod Garg is editorial Board member, ‘Pancreapedia’, an online resource website for Pancreas Research.
7. Dr. Govind Makharia was nominated as the Chairman of World Gastroenterology Organization and Asia Pacific Association of Gastroenterology Working Party on Celiac Disease; Continue to be member of Asia Pacific Working Party on Colorectal cancer and Polyps; Continue to be Core Member of Asia Pacific Working party on Inflammatory Bowel Disease; Continue to be the treasurer of Indian Society of Gastroenterology; Continue to be the treasurer of Indian Society of Evidence Based Medicine; Continue to be the Governing Council of Functional Disease and Motility Disorders of India; Continue to be an Editorial board member of Indian Society of Gastroenterology; Continue to be the Coordinator, Indian Society of Gastroenterology: Young Clinician Program; Coordinator Indian Society of Gastroenterology: Taskforce on Inflammatory Bowel Disease; Invited as Screening Committee member of taskforce on RNAi by DBT, Invited as Screening Committee member of Task Force on Nano-medicine, Continue to be member of the ICMR Taskforce on celiac disease;
8. Dr. Govind Makharia was invited to be the Editor in Chief, Frontiers in Medicine (Gastroenterology);
9. Dr. Baibaswata Nayak is the reviewer of following journals: Biochemistry and Biotechnology Research, Drug Research, Tropical Gastroenterology, Indian Journal of Virology, PLoS One, Virus Research, Virology Journal, Viral Immunology, and Journal of Veterinary Science.